"In the image of God, He created them..."

"In the image of God, He created them..."

Friday, May 20, 2011

A Poodle's Salvation

"For all of us have become like one who is unclean and all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment..." Isaiah 64:6

My mom's dog has this awful habit of rolling in and eating the excrement of neighbor cats from the backyard when left alone.  Why this prim and proper toy poodle has taken such a fancy to this one disgusting activity is beyond me, but she has.

Last night she was mistakenly left outside, and by the time we realized she was out there, it was too late.  It was caked in the fur on her ears; she had it around her mouth.  The smell was nauseating.  As I tried not to vomit as I bathed her, I began to grumble about what a revolting animal she was.

The very moment these words left my mouth, the Holy Spirit spoke to me.  He said, "That's how I see your sin.  You may find it pleasurable at the moment, but your pride, selfishness, lust, covetousness, and rebellion are just excrement.  You're rolling in feces.  But I want to bathe you so that you can come back inside."  Lord, wash me; cleanse me of my filth and cover me with the perfume of Your righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment