"In the image of God, He created them..."

"In the image of God, He created them..."

Thursday, May 26, 2011

I Won't Worry; I'm As Strong As a Mouse!

In his second epistle to the Corinthians, Paul said that he was "well content in weaknesses...for Christ's sake; when I am weak, then I am strong."  This is a text that I have long struggled with.  I mean, I understood that he was saying that when he didn't have control of the situation, he was FORCED to rely on Christ who is always far stronger than we are.  But come on, How many of us can honestly say that we are perfectly happy when all control is ripped out of our hands?  Paul was.

But I am beginning to have a small understanding of where Paul was coming from.  For the past year, I have been laboring to build myself a future, one that I was and still am convicted He has planned for me.  But on God's "to-do list," perfecting my character so that I more fully reflect my Creator's image has a much higher priority than building my earthly future.  And so, here I am, jobless, in debt, with no way to continue my education.  As in the case of Judah and Jehoshaphat in 2 Chron. 20:17 He's telling me, "You need not fight in this battle; station [yourself], stand and see the salvation of the Lord on your behalf..."  He wants me to learn to allow Him to become my strength both in and out of weakness.

I have fully committed today to let God take control of my future and to be content to leave Him in control.  I will join Abraham, Moses, and Paul in allowing God to be both Architect and General Contractor of my future.  He's promised in Jeremiah 31:17 that my future is bright, but as the "three worthies" before Nebuchadnezzar,  I am prepared to leave Him in control even if He doesn't work it out according to my desires, because I will more fully reflect the Creator's image.

1 comment:

  1. This is a lesson that I am still learning but one of the most important.

    ReplyDelete